Giving Tuesday is a National Day of Giving that encourages giving back. It takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. November 29, 2022, is a global day of giving in our voice, time, money, and goods to support communities and causes.
After we’ve spent the last several days shopping and looking for the best sale, this day reminds us to give to those struggling or in need. As we consider our favorite causes or charities, it’s a great reminder to raise others during this time of year. Today small businesses, big companies, community centers, students, and families band together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
There are several ways to give on #GivingTuesday:
- Make blankets for those receiving cancer treatment. There are many tutorials on YouTube, but you can start with How to Make a Tie Blanket from Fleece.
- Take advantage of holiday sales and buy items for people in need.
- For example, if there is a sale on blankets or children’s clothes, consider buying more than needed and donate the extra to a shelter.
- Big Box stores usually have toys on sale. Take advantage and donate the toys to a children’s hospital.
- Grocery stores also have incredible sales on food items. This is an opportunity to set up a collection for non-perishable food at work. Deliver the supply to a local food pantry.
- Donate gift cards to community centers, non-for-profits, or your favorite cause.
Today, we each have an incredible moment to increase our generosity, support the nonprofits and organizations, and help our neighbors and communities weather the challenging times.